GROUP SALES MANAGER
Sorry, this job has expired.
Exciting opportunity for new sales professional to grow their career at our distinguished riverfront hotel in Downtown Jacksonville located on the Southbank of the St Johns River!
For you to be the ideal candidate, you should have the following:
• Minimum 1 full year of employment in a sales position
• Familiarity, exposure and ability to learn the hospitality industry
• Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience
DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville Riverfront offers a modern experience for the discerning business or leisure traveler. This top pick among hotels in Jacksonville, FL has 293 upscale accommodations; multiple dining options, including Ruth’s Chris Steak House; a new connectivity zone to keep business travelers linked in; Hilton Honors Digital Key technology; an expanded Precor fitness studio, and large riverfront pool and sundeck.
Your very important role and responsibilities will include:
• Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc...) to maximize revenue to meet/exceed goals.
• Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
• Oversee social media content for property. Communicate the company's brand in a positive, authentic way what will attract today's modern, hyper-connected buyers. Promote content through social advertising.
• Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
Increase our market share through relationship building, trade shows and community/professional organizations.
• Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
• Maintain accurate, legible records and files.
Important Skills Required to effectively perform in this role include:
• Exceptional communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
• Basic knowledge of sales and ability to learn hospitality principles and practices.
• Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
• Ability to demonstrate outstanding leadership skills as well as impeccable associate and customer relations.
• Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.